Dr. Kominsky is a board-certified Anesthesiologist and board eligible Pain Medicine physician. He has completed extensive medical training including his residency in Anesthesiology at Rush University Medical Center, and then completed a fellowship in Interventional Pain Management at Loyola University.
Dr. Kominsky specializes in the management of a vast array of pain conditions including chronic back and neck pain, chronic post-surgical pain, acute pain, complex regional pain syndrome (CRPS), and pain from degenerative joints/arthritis.
Dr. Kominsky employs a multidisciplinary approach in treating his patients with chronic pain which includes interventional techniques, medications, physical therapy, and alternative therapies including chiropractic work, acupuncture, and pain psychology. He is known for being a compassionate physician and prides himself on taking the time to explain treatment plans to his patients fully, so that his patients can be an active participant in their own treatment.
Some of the interventional procedures that Dr. Kominsky employs include:
- Epidural Steroid Injections
- Caudal Epidural Steroid Injections
- Facet Joint Injections
- Medial Branch Blocks
- Radiofrequency Ablation
- Spinal Cord Stimulation
- Intrathecal Pump therapy
- Vertebral Augmentation
- Major Joint Injections (Knee, Hip, Shoulder)
- Regenerative Medicine
- Stellate Ganglion Block
- Lumbar Sympathetic Block
- Superior Hypogastric Plexus Block
- Ganglion Impar Block
- Intercostal Nerve Block
- Genicular Nerve Block
- Occipital Nerve Block
- Supraorbital Nerve Block
- Saphenous Nerve Block
- Sphenopalatine Ganglion Block
- Ilioinguinal Nerve Block
- Board Certified in Anesthesiology, March 2018
- Board Certified in Pain Management, September 2018
- Fellowship in Interventional Pain Management, Loyola University 2017-2018
- Residency in Anesthesiology, Rush University Medical Center 2014-2017
- Internship in Internal Medicine, Lutheran General Hospital 2013-2104
- The Chicago Medical School at Rosalind Franklin University, North Chicago, IL 2009-2013, Doctor of Medicine, M.D.
- Biomedical Sciences – Rosalind Franklin University, North Chicago, IL 2008, M.S.
- Healthcare Administration and Management – Rosalind Franklin University, North Chicago, IL 2009-2010, M.S.
- Emory University, Atlanta, GA; 2007-2009, Neuroscience and Behavioral Biology, B.S.