According to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention, 50% of adults who are 65 and older have a diagnosis of arthritis.
Arthritis is a disease that is characterized by inflammation of one or more joints. .
- Advanced age > 50 years old.
- Post- menopausal women
- Female gender
- Prolonged occupation or sports stress
- Injury to a joint from trauma or infection
- Slowly developing joint pain
- Pain or tenderness in a joint which is aggravated by movement or activity
- Joint bony enlargement- swelling
- Weakness of muscles around joint
- Joint stiffness- especially after awakening in the morning and after sitting
- Decreased range of motion with pain at the end of the movement
Intervention Pain Procedures for Joint Pain
- Intra-articular Corticosteroid Injections for shoulder, hip and knee pain
- Viscosupplement Injections for chronic knee pain (“rooster comb”)
- Genicular Nerve Blocks for chronic knee pain, before or after surgery
- Hip Denervation for chronic hip pain, before or after surgery
- Sacroiliac Joint (“SI Joint”) treatments for buttock and leg pain
- Bursa injections for issues like iliotibial band syndrome (ITBS) or tennis elbow
Modern Pain Consultants will develop a treatment plan to minimize joint pain, improve joint function, and increase activity tolerance.