COVID-19 Update: Our top priority is the health and safety of our patients and staff. In order to minimize the exposure of COVID-19 and to align with federal and state guidelines, we will be using telemedicine visits to see our follow up patients. While our doors remain open for patients with scheduled procedures, we are utilizing screening parameters, performing high level disinfection, and reducing the number of nonessential personnel in our offices. We thank you for your cooperation and patience.
Modern Pain Consultant Patients,
At Modern Pain Consultants (MPC), our priority is to protect our patients, staff, and community. We understand that your need for treatment has been jeopardized by the COVID-19 pandemic and we understand that making decisions about your healthcare is not easy at this time. During these unprecedented and uncertain times, MPC is here for you.
Therefore, all of us at MPC feel the need now more than ever to continue to provide high quality patient care to our community while ensuring your safety. In order for us to minimize the exposure of COVID-19, we will be following guidelines recommended by the Center of Disease Control (CDC) and Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH).
As we remain open, below are guidelines that we are following:
- Staff Screening: any MPC member who is ill or displays symptoms of COVID-19 will not be permitted to work. Furthermore, we have reduced our nonessential personnel in our offices. We ask for your cooperation and patience as this may delay our workflow and patient care.
- Patient Screening: we will be utilizing screening parameters per the CDC for every patient. Please call our office to either move your appointment to telemedicine or reschedule if:
- you have travelled in the past 14 days or show symptoms of COVID-19,
- you have a fever, cough, or shortness of breath
- you have a known immunocompromised condition (such as asthma or diabetes)
- Office cleaning: our cleaning services continue to clean daily and have expanded their services to provide deeper cleaning to all surface areas, restrooms and waiting areas.
- Telemedicine: we will be using telemedicine as a way to stay in contact with out patients. Based on your condition, we will determine whether a telemedicine visit or in person appointment with a provider is best. If you are on medication, we can refill your prescriptions with a telemedicine appointment as well. All prescriptions will continue to be conducted in accordance with IDPH and DEA regulations
- Office Visits: to minimize the exposure of COVID-19, we will not be having our patients wait in our waiting rooms. When you come in for your office visit, you will be screened and then immediately taken back into a room. If you are scheduled for a procedure and have a driver, we ask that they stay in their car. If you need assistance getting in and out of your car, please give us a call and our staff will assist you.
- Resources: to obtain additional information about COVID-19, we encourage you to visit the CDC website: www.cdc.gov. As we learn more about COVID-19, we will continue to monitor the situation and make changes based on CDC and IDPH recommendations. Therefore, policies may be amended from time to time.
Sincerely, Modern Pain Consultants